Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bury the Chains

I would leave the past behind
were it not so pleasant
a place to dwell,
listening to the echoes,
consulting memories.
I can’t wait to see
what’s coming next,
but some recollections,
like that first chocolate pudding,
are too good to discard.
I’ve dropped out of
the axiom world,
did so after I realized
one well-chosen word is
worth a thousand photos.
I’ve left behind regrets,
long ago coming to grips
with my imperfections.
I’ve lost the need for more,
savoring what I have,
and I found the secret to happiness 
(making someone else happy;
pass it on).
I don’t always succeed,
but I know it’s wise to bury
both past and future,
enjoy the now.
Like in a faulty haiku I once attempted:
Tomorrow will not change me,
fall has come,
winter’s close behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment