Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Report

Reports of Success

Today, I am worried.
I am worried that Pyrrhic victory
will inspire more preemptive strikes,
when what are needed are
preemptive education and
preemptive medicine and
preemptive food.

Today, I am aware,
once more, yet once more,
that wars are fought
by our children,
and by theirs.

Today, I am sad for
the well-meaning anti-war souls
whose legitimacy will be 
toppled like a statue.

Today, I am sad
for the young warrior
who will be the last to die 
in Syria or Iran or Crimea.
What will be his name?
What will be her legacy?

Today, I know
that thousands will die,
more will be crippled,
and then, yes then,
there will be
another war.

Today, I am reminded
again, yet again,
how no one
hates war more
than the warrior

Today, I feel alone,
trying to not think of it.


So I will pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment