Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Touch

 A Friendly Touch


When I wake, I do so

with gratitude,

in touch with Spirit,

aware of my purpose,

my aim for this life.

I give thanks for friends,

for how they all enrich me.

I treasure their love,

their care while in strife.

Can’t say I feel isolated,

lonely, alone,

not even during my

chemo quarantine, 

nor the recent plague,

there was always the phone.

The mail has been lighter,

junk mail withdrawal.

It’s the economy, some say,

Wall Street caused it all. 

Some of my business

I do on the ‘Net,

a small stash of stamps,

a few envelopes, yet,

there are some things

requiring a physical touch, 

some books, magazines, 

beyond that not much.

Still, I can’t imagine

a life without friends,

absent them there’d be no me.

Who I am, certainly,

would be nothing to see.

Much of me reflects them,

and I don’t ask them for much,

just be kind, do good works,

love each other, keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment