Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2022

April, 2022 17’s

 C’est La vie say the 

old fogies, it goes to show

you never can tell.


I care what others

think, but being creative

is my soulful right.


Faith is my Uber,

my ride to a bright future.

I think I’ll hop on.


What lies ahead, what

lies behind, both fine, but oh,

what lies within us.


Now, how can I be

the best possible person

who awakes in me?


I hear the doves sing

early every morning.

They’re saying, “still here.”


Abundance is not

something which I need pursue.

Just tuned into it.


Do not mess around.

Whatever you are doing,

play with all your heart.


My poetry spreads

at the rate it is meant to.

No publishers, please.


Love surely guides me,

as it surrounds and rules.

It is my lifeline.


I would rather find 

the truth than worry about

being right all day.


Sometimes it takes work

just to be a decent man.

Still, that is my aim.


Doing my best to

expect nothing. It helps me

not be unhappy.


My poems are stories.

They could be songs. Wouldn’t that

be a huge delight?


Today I know that

everything will be just fine,

since I am with you.


Mindfulness does not

have to be hard. Remember,

simply, to breathe…breathe.


I am listening,

with my whole heart, my being.

I am present now.


Glad to wake with one

decision for this moment,

to just be happy.


I release the things

which no longer fit my world,

still grateful for them.


I sit for awhile,

out back, with our old feline,

peace is possible.


I get to be me

today, so happy to be,

alive and at peace.



What is the one thing

I can do today to help?

I can practice peace.


My life’s just so good,

I recently heard that news,

needn’t sing the blues.


 I have all I need

for a happy, secure life.

This day is a gift.


I savor my good,

give thanks for my rich blessings.

Gratitude abounds.


Make me smile and laugh

until it hurts. Go ahead.

Try hard. I dare you.


Most days I wake up

thinking of distant friends, who

stay close in my heart.


When I think of some

community service, first

I think about home

No comments:

Post a Comment