Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Second Chance

 Firstly


Moving around

in a used body now,

I recently found

it’s when, not how

that truly matters.

I’m just passing through,

occasionally feeling like new,

but usually in tatters.

All things ephemeral,

they come and they go,

it’s a good thing, in general,

to think this, to know

that if we would be happy,

to prosper, to thrive,

it’s best to be joyful

about being simply alive.

We all want to live

as long as we might,

to keep keeping on,

to fight the good fight,

wishing for second chances

to come up to bat,

but hope can’t stop the age game,

to a body run flat.

It’s all over too soon,

in a flash, in a blink,

and none of us has

as much time as we think.

In my case I pray,

I’ll be caring, more present,

before my final day,

attentive and pleasant

in the here and the now,

Thinking at the end,

now that was some wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment