Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Beginnings

 Origins


Today is so very special.

New Beginnings always are.

I recall that at the start, 

there was anger.

I was once quite familiar with it.

Then I learned that what I say to myself 

makes all the difference, 

so I prepared 

to be a welcoming person,

not trying to do it all at once,

yet asking what new opportunities

await my yes? 

What more do I have to offer?

Engaging out, reflecting in,

enjoying the new, appreciating the past,

welcoming grace, creating willingness.

It was a bountiful beginning to

a satisfying life, chiefly about service,

comforting the afflicted,

knowing who I was,

stepping into my goodness.

Now I see, I have enough for this life. 

I don’t need more.

I have someone to cherish and I have books. 

Who needs anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment