Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2022

A Hard Week

 Not so hard


It is hard to believe

in the good when

the news point elsewhere,

to a world of war, violence,

and not enough care.

But really, I woke up

mostly feeling okay, 

no bombs dropping from above,

it could be a fine day,

might as well choose love.

The only monster that I really fear

is sometimes the one I see in the mirror,

when I’m trying to control life,

eliminate all fear, worry, strife,

arrange the future, oh so serious,

have control (ha!) isn’t that curious.

It would be laughable,

when I can’t wait,

feel the need to anticipate.

The only result I can control

is really nothing, nothing at all,

as hard as I try to see what will be,

the gods just look down and laugh at me.

I can only cherish my life,

expect goodness every day,

Make the most of it all,

whatever comes my way.

There’s no place nor time

as far as I can see,

peace power cannot transform,

and peace begins with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment