Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2022

Patience

 


Practice


Not a Buddhist, you see,

I simply don’t argue with reality,

know that to increase my calm capacity,

it takes patience, humility, tenacity.

Listening to my heart,

now that’s a decent start,

yet no matter my will,

just between me and you,

I see where there is still,

much work left to do.

I’ve read and I’ve been told,

so I know I won’t get very far

unless I pave the road 

before I start the car.

Living spiritually requires patience.

This I know always, without fail.

I also know that in the end,

Peace will surely prevail.

It’s not about acquiring,

nor about admiring.

It’s about expanding, sharing,

loving kindness, caring.

I’ve made many mistakes,

mostly rushing, hurrying and such,

thinking I don’t have what it takes,

but none of them involve loving too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment