Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Future Perfect

 We have more time now

for the things we hold dear,

but not for future fussing,

the future’s already here.

So, what of past thoughts,

when we thought we might roam,

well, to tell you the truth, it’s

just easier to stay home.

My dreams have been altered, 

by the cosmos or aging nostrils, who can tell?

Hopes and aspirations still abound, 

different now, and that’s just as well.

How will future success be measured?

Perhaps it’s in how well we manage change.

Maybe just let the change be treasured,

allow the world to rearrange.

Whatever’s coming, whatever is so,

there are at least a few things I think I know.

I want to laugh too much.

I plan to cry when it’s necessary.

I intend to be happy, healthy and at peace,

and as often as possible be merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment