Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2022

September 2022 17’s

 September 


Changing the world

one precious thought at a time,

making it all good 


Meaningful friendships

are the best things we can have.

I treat mine with care.


It’s easier to

make adjustments to what’s true

than to force your will.


Grand thoughts are useless

if not followed by some work,

a little action.


Zero means nothing,

not that it has no value.

Nothing is calming.


Life is your playground.

Expect a joyful outcome.

Forget small, play big.


Light a candle for 

another person and you

enjoy its light too. 


Appreciating 

the grace I live in helps me

sleep through the long night.


Ups, downs, ins and outs.

Ah, sweet mystery of life.

Never too boring.


I open my eyes,

my heart and mind as well, to

just being alive.


Sometimes I still get

angry, but then tell myself,

self, nope, not today.


You can’t score by

kicking into your own net.

Even children know this.


Even when I avoid

the truth, it sits there,

calmly waiting for me. 


I am a huge fan

of little acts of kindness,

always say thank you.


Some negative thoughts 

entering your head? Well then,

close the damn window.


I get up, look in

my mirror, think I should just

find someplace quiet.


Less forcing, more flow.

Less fearing, more grace and joy.

Less hating, more love.


Each day I’ve a chance

to be happy, to enjoy

this grand life I chose.


Paying attention.

Is this how I want to sound?

Tone is important.


Occasional zen.

No mistakes, only lessons.

I live and I learn. 


A day for big guns,

compassion, prayer, right action,

and, oh yes, laughter.


It is a good plan

to let a poem rest awhile,

until it’s ready.


Publishing my poems

is much like going naked

in front of others.


I try to not be

accidental in my life,

to have some purpose.


Hey, I’m listening,

so feel free to start talking.

I’m available.


The power of prayer

is not to ask for something,

but to listen more.


Self-help books are like

those pretty cookbooks I have.

Action is required.


Words are powerful.

Once they leave my mouth, they grow,

for better or worse.


Trust is difficult 

but it’s calmer to seek it

than to always doubt.


I get happy days

in life when I do not stop

before they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment