Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Awakening

 “By morning

I had vanished at least a dozen times

into something better.”


from Sleeping In The Forest by Mary Oliver 

© Mary Oliver


I Awaken


I am not living

the life I imagined.

This one is far better.

I see that I am becoming,

just passing through,

mingling between two eternities.

Might as well do so

with joy and laughter,

rejoicing in each day,

walking more slowly,

experiencing Grace.

Every day

I have the chance

to be happy,

to enjoy this life I chose.

Even on days of unease,

in moments of disease,

I see there is something,

an experience or two,

which I must need.

I don’t know

how many days are left to me

but I hope to

make a difference with them,

and if all I ever did

for the rest of this life was to

feel grateful,

it might be sufficient.

I shall do my best

to say beautiful things,

to inspire, to help, be kind,

to attend to Spirit's voice,

stay open to

each morning’s gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment