Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 30, 2016

Dead End

None of us has
as much time as we think.
We have only a few sunrises
to enjoy ourselves, to enjoy others.
We might not be in a hurry,
but we have no time to lose.
Knowing we will die,
how should we live?
Carefully.
(but not fearfully)
What will our last words be?
What will we miss?
Sex is a part of the past.
Sports are too much of
what they’ve always been.
Loud music offends old ears.
Frail legs do not permit dancing.
The spiritual and religious
are personal.
Brief moments are recalled best,
merging the past with the now.
It is all so very mystical,
too much for my thick head to consider.
(age tends to flatten a man)
I do not fear death,
but I am glad I did not die young.
I believe I know what’s coming.
I think I caught a glimpse of it, long ago.
For now, it’s best to try to be kind.

(and hopeful)

No comments:

Post a Comment