Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Sundays

 Simply Sundays 


One of my ministers,

a spiritual guide,

read to the congregation the contents

of one of my pumped-up poems,

the one suited to Memorial Day,

without me at her side.

I send her many works,

but with the plague and all,

we don’t actually meet,

but I watch her Sunday messages online,

appreciate the content while 

staring wistfully at my empty front row seat.

I like it that she likes

what spills from my pen,

laugh when she reminds 

the congregants who I am, 

the only one who sits in the front row,

the Marine, the elderly gentleman.

I miss being with those folks,

my comrades in Spirit,

as I watch the services,

double up with the recording,

grateful the download allows me to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment