Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Spark

 Spark


All of a sudden, it seemed, 

everything shifted, I mean, 

I look at myself in the mirror,

never bern stuck doing that with fear.

It’s my body, all right – 

skin grafts, check,

stitching scars, check, 

sagging lower belly, what the heck.

It’s a well-used body, this one,

each part a piece of my personal 

jigsaw puzzle, and then some.


Even my dreams have been changed,

by cosmic forces or aging nostrils, rearranged

Hopes and aspirations still exist,

but I can tell you this,

I’ve bought enough stuff, sold enough homes,

moved enough times, 

looking, seeking, reaching.

Now the goals are inward, 

searching for that place,

waiting for that spirit 

to touch me, continuing the teaching.


So I sit in my room,

staring at nothing,

lost in my thoughts.

Suddenly,

I find myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment