Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Change

 Unnecessary 


Our housing is perfect,

no reason to change,

location, location

must not rearrange.


Found some small change,

In the usual way,

in some old slacks

on laundering day.


Didn’t matter but if a million

should slyly appear,

I’d likely be grateful.

I might even cheer.


But my life is too good

to be spoiled by money,

with wife, friends, our cat,

I’ve no need, but my honey


might say something different,

might jump at the luck.

She’d know how to use it,

with aplomb and with pluck.


I’ve no need of profit

but she long ago learned

how to spend her good fortune,

even when unearned.


Her charities likely

would gain what they need,

especially stray kitties,

oh my how they’d feed.


But Macy’s and Nordstrom’s

And Chico’s, for sure,

would garner new sales

they have such allure.


Yet after the rush

of a bounty so vast,

we’d come to reality,

hopefully fast.


There just isn’t much

we don’t already have,

nothing to wish for,

nothing to crave.


So let that big bonus

find a home with another

and leave us in peace,

in love with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment