Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Intention

 I do not make resolutions 

in January anymore.

No point, I’d just ignore them,

quickly, that’s for sure.

Instead I pick a word,

to remind me what to see,

one word, commonly heard,

nudging how to act, who to be.

It started with Gratitude,

which truly improved my attitude.

What followed was Generosity,

reducing my pomposity.

The third year was Compassion,

quite helpful in its fashion.

One year it was Empathy,

oh what wonders I did see.

As New Year’s Day draws near,

what will I choose this year?

Peace? Faith?

Grace? Repose?

I think no, not this year,

it will be none of those.

I’ll continue to aim for civility,

stability in my increased fragility,

Improving upon 2021’s Humility.

That was last year’s aim, 

my 2021 plan,

and the Universe supported me,

a I worked to be a more humble man.

For 2022, I will be unsparing

in my plan to do more sharing,

looking everyone in the eye,

paying full attention without glaring,

to whatever weight they’re bearing,

doing my best to be more Caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment