Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2024

A persona poem

 

A Persona Poem From A Cat


You know how humans are,

the ones who ooh and ahh,

so easy to maintain,

their needs are simple, plain.

Their stress can not survive 

playtime with a cat,

each encounter its own 

time of renewal and brighter days,

so much joy and gratitude in that.

Sometimes I only observe,

watch them take a break from chores,

thinking the backyard is theirs,

a place to bask in the morning sun,

inviting me to join them,

urging me to join in their idling fun.

They’re grateful for an audience,

especially when at silly play,

tossing me my alternative mice,

and I appreciate genuine warm-heartedness,

a human who is more than food-giving nice.

They constantly remind me to become

someone worthy of their friendship,

letting go of ego, power, pretense,

inspiring me to live a life of

incisive simplicity and common sense,

and when I meet a new cat anywhere,

no matter where I might go,

offering a nose to nuzzle,

remembering to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment