Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2022

February 17’s in 2022

 


I write seventeens,

unless I am pressed for time.

Then I write long poems.


Compassion takes time.

Can you spare a few seconds?

It will reward you.


I often need a

lighten up prayer break more than

a dark coffee break


There’s great need for Good,

people helping out selflessly.

There’s no time to waste.


Somebody should help.

What? Who? Me? Oh yeah, it’s true,

I am somebody.


I have tried faster,

looser, tighter and harder.

Now I try softer.


I’ve long preferred the

company of women: wise,

determined, and brave.


Hope, faith and courage.

My friends in times of struggle.

Thanks for being there.


Say I love you now.

Don’t wait for the funeral.

Now is when there’s need.


Find joy today…now.

Forever is a long time,

and it’s coming soon.


Today I’m gentle,

with you, others and myself.

I feel nurtured.


Will you risk your dreams,

taking action to fulfill 

them now, no excuse.


Loving myself just

the way I am, gratitude

fulfilling my life.


I stay where I’m loved.

I leave where I’m not valued.

I know what I’m worth.


It’s a sacred and

perfect moment when I love

myself as I am.


Often, when I feel 

really old, oh so tired,

I just take a nap.


In this pandemic,

let us live life with aplomb.

We are up to it.


“Epogee full moon”

is just not as poetic 

as a Supermoon. 


Max cat on the floor,

playing with his little toys.

Alternative mice.


We oft speak from our

own spiritual sources,

She has hers, me mine.


I like daydreaming,

with my eyes widely open,

open to what comes.


Silence, I have found,

is just more often than not,

the best argument.


In unsteady times,

honor, trust and friendship are

a really big deal.


Peace is where I live.

There’s a key under the mat,

lest I forget that.


One day at a time,

practicing non-violence,

one choice at a time.


I’m always calm when 

I’ve done all that I can do.

Peaceful acceptance.


Calm and gratitude,

humility, modesty.

Pleasures and treasures.


Allow yourself to

relax. Give in to the gift

of simply breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment