Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Reflections on Spirit

I usually picture nothing
as a good thing to achieve.
I do, however, believe in
a source, a power, an omnipresence,
which some call God, others Spirit.
Doesn’t matter what you call it.
It’s here, there and everywhere,
working with me, through me.
I am at ease in some not knowing,
feel no need to prove it.
I simply enjoy reflecting on It.
In matters of Spirit, words get in my way, 
feelings being the language of my soul.
Spirit speaks quietly to me.
Most out-loud sounds are only noise.
Even though most yearning hearts ask,
can we still speak to God,
I prefer to sit in silence,
listening for my stage directions
from the Universe.
My body might be bruised,
sometimes broken,
but my spirit remains 
healthy, whole, complete.
No matter the temporary condition.
there need not be
collateral damage to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment