Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Future Perfect



All of a sudden, everything shifted.
And then, because of faith, the fog lifted.
I mean, now I look at myself in the mirror,
never have gotten stuck doing that before,
It’s my body, all right, and my hair,
even more white, so much of it there.
What the hell, it’s a used body, this one, 
well used, sometimes at work, other times fun.
But it’s not the body, at least not the externals,
that leads to awareness, including infernals.
There’s movement and change, I think maybe growth.
Wasn’t a churchgoer, a pray-er, but I’m there now, doing both.
Even my dreams have been altered, 
by cosmic forces or aging nostrils, who can tell?
Hopes and aspirations still abound, 
different now, and that’s just as well.
How will future success be measured?
Perhaps it’s in how well we manage change.
Maybe just let the change occur, be treasured,
allow the world to rearrange.
Whatever’s coming, there are a few things I know.
I want to laugh too much.
I plan to cry when it’s necessary.
I intend to be happy, healthy and at peace.
So, it’s not really change that’s due, at all.
It’s simply transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment