Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Random Thoughts on the Social Network



If my words offend you,
please be forgiving.
My filters sometimes fail me.

I’ve been trying to remember 
what it was I was concerned about 
last year, as May approached.

Oh, I know.
It was that cancer thing. 
And the chemo.
The stuff that has me 
ducking for cover now.

It was then I learned
there’s a time for doing things, 
and one for being still, becoming quiet.
Both are dear.

It was then I concluded
we can’t keep doing  what we want. 
We need to start 
doing what we must.

It was then I adopted a philosophy of
compassion without borders.
This sounds like a fine concept,
don’t you think?

But please, don’t ask me to march
for peace and justice and equality.
Social distancing and
bone spurs, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment