Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2018

A Viator

At Poetic Bloomings 2, we are experimenting with the Viator form. The Viator poem form was invented by Canadian author and poet Robin Skelton. It consists of any stanzaic form in which the first line of the first stanza is the second line of the second stanza and so on until the poem ends with the line with which it began. My attempt...

Gratitude

I thought about you,
late yesterday afternoon,
when the 4:00 wind blew in,
through the orange tree.

As night neared,
I thought about you,
while the full moon shone in,
low over Mount Woodson.

I woke between late and early,
some kind of bad dream crashing in.
I thought about you,
your strength carrying me through.

Lunch was quiet, peaceful,
no demons rushing in,
my day filled with appreciation.
I thought about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment