Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2017

more seventeen syllables...


Aiming to be calm, mindful,
as the world’s  begging me to
lose my cool


Hoping I can find
more understanding,
more compassion
to offer.

When my dreams are
more vivid than reality,
I forget to act.

Please be generous with me.
 I am imperfect.
But I am trying.

I love real people,
especially the odd ones,
a little off.

Everyone I meet is a teacher,
sometimes for better,
others worse.

I sometimes write
long poems because
It takes too long
To write shorter ones.

Thanks, reader, for taking
a break from The News
and enjoying yourself.

We’re born for these times,
and I am willing to do
whatever it takes.

I’m doing okay
accepting others,
less so forgiving myself.

I just heard an old
Western adage:
When your horse is dead,
get off it.



No comments:

Post a Comment