Total Pageviews

Monday, March 13, 2023

10 Words

 This week at PoeticBloomings2 we write ten random lines, not poetry per se, using these words…compete, tough, imposter, strange, scandal,

yearn, knife, discipline, exception, constellation…


When the day is done, the dishes put away, the cat and I compete for the best spot on the bed


Tough mind, tender heart, a good equation 


At Christmas times, I lay out imposter snow, with little people scattered about


Beauty is deceptive, even that strange, not-quite-morning light God has arranged to greet my day


We didn’t worry about scandal then, our heroes too true to worry about future tarnished footprints 


I yearn for the day I might hike trails again, letting my mind search for a poetic refrain


A fan of most tradesmen, but he’s never learned to trust knife-wielding butchers


He trained for many things, all based on the discipline of the heart


He’s not too hot about professional sports these days, but baseball’s an exception, still warm to the touch


Summer nights, under the stars, competing with each other to name the constellations

No comments:

Post a Comment