Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Choose Life

 


“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”

  • Oscar Wilde



Life Lessons 


I start each day with quiet time,

the mistakes of youth no longer mine,

connecting with my true life source,

and a poem will come, my own, of course.

If my to-do list gets too loud, too long,

overcrowding life with musts too strong,

or my inbox screams for quick returns,

I calm myself, for this I’ve learned,

at this age It’s too late to be late,

most outside demands can usually wait.

If the demands are real, legitimate musts,

I might seek help from one I trust,

but first I’ll use my quiet time,

reminded youth’s no longer mine,

reconnect to my spiritual force,

and a poem will come, my own, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment