Total Pageviews

Monday, April 12, 2021

Six Words

 Today we were given six words to choose from in a poem we would write. Extra credit if we used all of them.



Source Material 


Never really a conscious choice,

how nice it was to find my voice, 

rough edges rounded, made more smooth

by words which heal, thoughts that sooth.

“This – or better” has been my creed,

simple tools all I’d need, 

writing of grief and love and joy,

grateful like a child with a new toy.

Who could have known what lay before,

beyond the walls, the open door.

First one chapbook, then some others,

enjoyed by poets, sisters, brothers.

A blog which gained more fans, more eyes,

some laurels too, to my surprise.

What fun it was to turn each page,

as decades brought me to this age. 

Now I simply play my part,

encourage others from an open heart,

stay aware of my place, my season,

sometimes without rhyme or reason,

playing the long game, it’s not a race,

comforted by my convictions and

God’s great Grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment