Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A love poem

 Pure


We must have loved before,

in another time, place, existence.

How else explain it?


Only yesterday, it seems,

I prayed for peace, for calm,

and she became the answer

to my prayers.


It was only when

I forgot my own needs,

observed the truth of my

good fortune, that I could see

my daily madness vanish.


Cherishing her became

the source of my happiness,

holding her love close,

not wanting it to fade,

like a perfect Spring day,

sometimes still, always glorious.


I love her sense of style,

lifting me up 

from blandness.

I love that she loves,

me and most living things.

I love that we can be together 

for hours and not talk.


I love her honesty,

like when she eats my cooking,

and only complains a little bit.

In the end, though,

my love is not written 

on virtual paper, such as this.

It is is, rather,

etched in my very being.

No comments:

Post a Comment