Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanks

Thank you for the friends I meet,
also for the foods we eat,
every liquid drop, each seed,
and thank you for the love I need.
Thank you for our lovely beach,
the ocean so within our reach.
Even though it’s not the norm,
I appreciate the occasional storm.
I’m thankful that it comes to mind 
to smile a lot, and to be kind.
It’s great to see, with honest clarity,
I care enough for flawless charity,
and I’m reminded every day
I’m grateful that I’ve learned to pray,
since it’s the perfect place to start,
to ease my soul, to warm my heart.
Thank you for my new found health,
what I now know as my true wealth.
Thank you for the clean, fresh air,
and sun and laughter, quite the pair.
Thanks also for my art, my books,
our older cats, their goofy looks,
tee shirts, sweat pants, my faith too,
and nothing’s better than our zoo.
Thank you for my meditations,
those middle of the day vacations.
Thank you for our lovely home,
and each and every published poem.
Mostly, thanks for my awesome wife,
the greatest part of a grateful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment