Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Personal Reflections


I envision an afterlife 
with cats and birds and dogs, 
and of course, my soul mate
and, oh yes, with comfortable clothes.
I usually picture nothing
as a good thing to achieve.
I do, however, believe in
a source, a power, an omnipresence,
which some call God, others Spirit.
Doesn’t matter what you call it.
It’s here, there and everywhere,
working through me.
I mean, can one think that
we are merely accidents?
I don’t remember exactly when or if
I found this power.
I just know that It found me.
I grew up with It.
I was surrounded by It.
It just looked like something else,
perhaps like lakes and trees,
or several small town taverns.
I am at ease not knowing,
feel no need to prove it.
I simply enjoy reflecting on It.

No comments:

Post a Comment