Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Future Perfect

When I start with “I am “,
I become more alert,
because change is coming.
I would leave the past behind
were it not so pleasant
a place to sometimes dwell,
listening to the echoes,
consulting my memories.
Still, even though 
some recollections are
too good to discard,
I can’t wait to see
what’s coming next.
I’m a poet now,
became one after I realized
one well-chosen word is
worth a thousand photos.
Don’t know what
I’ll be called next.
Whatever’s coming, 
in an uncertain future,
there are a few things I know.
I intend to be happy, 
healthy and at peace.
I intend to smile often,
laugh too much,
cry when it’s necessary.
It’s not so much the size
of the change that’s coming.
It’s simply staying open to it.
For me, the big secret is to
just pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment