Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Capital F Friends

Capital F Friends

I can’t imagine life without friends,
absent them, there would be no me,
alone, my profile would be nothing to see.
Much of me reflects them, I’m sure,
solo, I might go on, but in no way as pure.

Fabulous friends sharing values,
and interests, really close, true.
We screen movies, talk books,
write poems, compare cooks,
paint and eat lunch, 
split the bill when it’s paid.
With some of them, I’ve even
marched with pride in parades.

Too many friends are gone now, 
some dead, others simply away.
There’s one monk in an abbey,
whose courage I envy,
and I mention her often,
usually once every day.
Lovely neighbors, tossing newspapers I forget, 
yet they don’t visit uninvited, at least not yet.

My friends back east are very clear
about what matters, what is dear;
it’s family, and friends who matter most,
kept close at hand, in hearts, so near.
I have old friends who will not see 
this year’s end. Sad, but how it must be.
I’ll grieve a little, but then I’ll smile,
glad we were friends for such a long while.
Memories fade, I know this is true,
yet friends stay in focus and
I’m so glad I’ve had a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment