Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2018

School Days

Another poem in response to the “learning” prompt...

School Days

What I shall learn
after I know it all
will make all the difference.
No matter how uneasy
some days are,
I recall that I chose them.
I accept that every experience
is one which I must need.
I don’t know
how much life is left to me
but I hope to
make a difference with it,
and if all I ever did
for the rest of this life was
say “thank you”,
that might be enough.
Every day
I have the chance
to be happy,
to enjoy this life I chose.
I am doing my best
to say beautiful things,
to inspire, to help, be kind.
When I do not hear
Spirit's voice, it's not because
the talking has stopped.
We are all
just passing through.
Might as well do so
with joy and laughter,
rejoicing in the day,
walking more slowly,
maybe even feeling
a little groovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment