Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Heartfelt Prayers

The world is less simple 
than I once thought it, 
with good and evil,
I must admit,
in everything, in everyone, 
devils and angels, 
a part of all of us.

My devils have ruled me before,
even as I sought peace and joy,
but now I’m choosing happiness,
ecstasy if I can find some, 
knowing my heart is not a toy.
I’m taking time to 
celebrate what’s going right
in my quite ordinary life,
shining my simple light
on a sense of welcome,
open-armed, without a fight.

Most yearning souls ask,
can we still talk to God?
Can all the hurt, all the worry
be swallowed up there?
I would answer,
when seeking magic or miracles,
any form of legerdemain, to be fair,
maybe first peak into your heart,
then pray with abandon,
without holding back,
it’s a good place to start.


And there Grace awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment