Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Miscellaneous 17’s

If you can do it,
why bother to dream it?
Do be, do be, do be.

Please let me explain.
This concept, no pain no gain,
simply a fool’s bane.

Self-glossed,
as America’s Finest City.
Who’s to argue?
Beaches.

I have, in the past,
put myself in harm’s way.
I won’t do so again.

My heart knows 
a lot of things,
but I still need
my brain 
for some matters.

This is a good day
for some random acts
of joyful beneficence

I don’t try hard to
do big things. Many little 
acts of good will do.

When I wish to find
reasons for gratitude
in life,
it’s not too hard.

When somewhere new,
it’s not the place that is foreign.
I’m the foreigner.

Come in. 
The table is brimming,
catered by Spirit.
Savor each bite.

Waiting for perfection:
That is a good way 
to not enjoy my life.

Thanksgiving:
Remembering to say thanks
for the little things each day.

Rethinking everything
about my life, so far...
...Yup, it’s pretty good.

If it were possible 
for Brussels sprouts to smell 
as good as bacon...

Long ago,
and far away,
I started home,
full of shrapnel and guilt.

It is hard to believe
in the good when
life events point otherwise.

What a difference:
discussing Spirit
and experiencing It.

Everything I do today
affects the future,
mine and everyone’s.

What the heck.
I woke up.
I am breathing.
I might as well
choose to love.

Foreign objects
enter oysters
and make pearls.
How it is with my scars.

I don’t always know
what happens when I act.
I know, though, when I don’t.

Whosoever would
be named a poet must be
a reader as well.

We all fall sometimes.
We all fail sometimes.
When you do,

give me your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment