Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Anniversary Rag


Fixin’ to write,
one from the heart,
44th anniversary time,
so I needed to start.
Getting’ old muse-y
attached to the cart,
then my eye blew up,
and your tooth broke apart.
Still have some time,
a couple days yet.
Think I can do it?
Darn tootin’, you bet.
Staring at paper,
like through a screen door,
but love will surmount it,
this I tell ya and more.
After all, you’re still training
your titanium knee,
so no use complaining
about how I see.
I can’t look up words,
I’ll use the ones that I know,
like cherish, adore, admire,
and mo’.
Our parts will get fixed
in time, maybe soon.
For now, we’ll share joy,
from here to the moon.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely darling! Happy anniversary, and you two take good care of each other, k? (Like I have to tell you that.) <3

    ReplyDelete