Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Now and Then

 This week the prompt from our leader, Walt at PoeticBloomings2 was taken from the Beetles’

new (and final) single, “Now and Then”….


Mas or No Mas? 


I’m nearing eighty

and he wants more.

Why? When? How then?

What would our friend Walt do?

He’d write and write and write,

and then write some more,

and they’d all be great,

and they’d all be interesting,

and we’d all read them,

and we’d all have ink envy…again.


I too tell lots of stories, so

that’s no problem, and

it’s far too late now to worry about

too much exposure.

Ultimately, there is only one choice.

I wrote then and I write now

because I have no choice.

I write for the pure expression of life,

the joys and fears and hopes,

surely about love.

I write, inspired by the writing of others,

by the natural world in my backyard,

by the speechless days at the ocean,

by the sun and the moon,

their rising and setting,

even moved by the sounds of fire trucks afar.


As age has flattened me,

as humility has claimed me,

I now write more about Spirit,

about oneness, about transition.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

I’m simply sure I will write about it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment