Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Ciao, Marie Elena

 Today, at PoeticBloomings2, we write a “departure” piece, in honor of Marie Elena Good, who has found great joy in giving to her community. A bittersweet moment, to be sure, but not one of loss, knowing her to be a woman of great grace.


Summer’s Final Breath


Here in the true southwest,

summer hasn’t departed, but 

autumn’s full arrival awaits,

offstage, in the wings, 

visible but not yet tangible.


I check my pulse, 

appreciate my heart,

check the mirror, 

give it a thankful smile,

grateful for this good day, today.


When I want more,

I will first give thanks for 

what I’ve been given, 

prepare for what’s next,

a fair price to pay.


Knowing I am beating against time,

I hope I am ready.

As in every year,

only one question matters.

Will one work for peace and love?


I’m grateful, focused

on every door she opened,

not on one that is closing,

certain tyranny and oppression 

are no match for her compassion.


Thinking of her Grace,

her many gifts,

I’ll have a great day,

or a greater day. 

The prospects are endless.


For a simple guy,

whose joy has nothing 

to do with clothes, 

or thoughts of loss,

this is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment