Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 29, 2023

anapodoton

 An anapodoton is an unfinished phrase that a person can fill in the blanks, phrases like “When in Rome,” “If life gives you lemons,” “Speak of the devil,” and “Where there is a will.” For many (if not all) of these, you probably filled in the second half of the phrase, because you know it so well. On Day 27 we put a twist on it




Everything Happens for a Season 


Unbelievably,

I don't believe

everything happens

for a reason.

Some things just are,

awaiting the proper season-

-ing.


Incredibly,

I also don't believe 

everything I think. 

Sometimes,

I'm just off kilter,

a little on the blink,

functioning without filter. 


Alternatively,

I do believe it’s a good idea

for a poem or a thought,

that which my muse brought,

to rest awhile,

until it’s ready,

delivering an inner smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment