Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Inspired by another poet

 Here Shall My Heart Find its Haven  of Calm


Dear Friend,

I find myself thinking,

of you, me, us.

It’s a lovely, gentle thought,

leaves me with a smile.


I don’t always expect nuance from myself, 

yet once in a while, it just pops out, 

most often in a poem, 

frequently inspired by another person, 

their writing or speaking.

Someone like you.


Sometimes, when there is a strong breeze, 

it blows right through the hole in me 

that was formed by my own

unmet dreams and expectations.

Not so when I think of you.


As busy as I know you to be,

I’ll only take a minute,

just to tell you to a certainty

that the world I know is

better because you’re in it.


(Title taken from a line in “June Sunset”, by Sarojini Naidu)

No comments:

Post a Comment