Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Shore Lines

 Shore Lines


Water has always calmed me,

extending further, 

deeper than I could see.

I have often awakened, 

here, near the border with Mexico,

with nowhere to go,

feeling the onshore flow,

okay with the grayness,

knowing the sun would bake it off,

create a gentle, wispy sky,

here near my home,

in the sweet by and by.

Still inspired, but

less calmed now,

remembering the beaches of sand,

covered by the rising seas,

climate changing the shape of the land.

I stand and think,

oh to be a child at the ocean,

barefoot, joy-filled,

sand-covered, smelling the salt,

nostalgic to a fault.

I close my eyes, realize

I am just a drop in

the sea of life.

Then I recall

I am also a part of the Infinite.

Then I remember to laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment