Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Necessary Things

 Books


One should first be a follower

to learn to be a leader,

and if one would be a good writer, 

they must too be a great reader.

I like my house with books,

not too neatly piled, please,

some on desks, others shelved,

a few scattered here and there, at ease.

My life requires a physical touch, 

a few hundred books, magazines, 

really not all that much.


Home is where my heart is,

also where my books are,

an address book the most important,

absolutely, certainly, yes, by far.

I can’t imagine

a life without friends,

absent them there’d be no me.

My profile, certainly,

would be nothing to see.

Much of me reflects them,

of this I am sure.

Solo, I might go on, but

in no way as pure.


I have phone numbers and I have books. 

Who needs anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment