Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Quantum Soup



I do not make resolutions 
in January anymore.
No point, I’d just ignore them,
quickly, that’s for sure.
Instead I pick a word,
one commonly heard,
to remind me what to see,
how to act, who to be.
It started with Gratitude,
which truly improved my attitude.
What followed was Generosity,
reducing my pomposity.
The third year was Compassion,
quite helpful in its fashion.
Last year was merely Empathy,
oh what wonders did I see.
As New Year’s Day draws near,
what will I choose this year?
Peace?
Faith?
Grace?
Repose?
I think no, not this year,
it will be none of those.
Instead I’ll aim for civility,
stability in my increased fragility.
For 2020, it will be
Humility.
That’s my aim, my 2020 plan,
the Universe supports a humble man.

No comments:

Post a Comment