Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2019

Laundry Day

And for the “ Tradition” attempt...

Sunday Laundry Day

with acknowlegement to Dharma & Greg
************************************

Hurray, hurray, it’s Clean Sheets Day.
No time to read, no time to play.
Tasks abound, they always do,
grocery shopping, ironing too.
I promised, after all those miles,
to be of service, wearing smiles.
I cook the meals, sometimes well.
I love it when they cast a spell
of happiness, unfettered glee,
it really means so much to me
to see the pleasure it gives you,
it’s truly selfish, what I do.
but the  cleaning is, at best, not bad,
but we need those visits from the maid.
I know it agrees with my honey,
I need help, the maid needs money.
The dishes are an easy chore,
it cleans my fingernails, what’s more.
But nothing seems so much like play
as Sunday, known as Clean Sheets Day.
It used to be a mid-week chore,
but honey took over, does it better, what’s more,
The undies, pants, towels, a shirt
don’t mix in with their nasty dirt,
as I always saved the sheets for last,
for honey, they’re the only item cast
upon the bed before we sleep,
their clean fresh fragrance ours to keep
in memory as we drift off,
our daily aches so soon to doff,
remembering at last to pray
we’ll make it to next Clean Sheets Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment